The discharge through a semi-circular weir varies as (where, H = Head of liquid.) ?
- A semi-circular disc rests on a horizontal surface with its top flat surface horizontal and circular portion touching down. The coefficient of friction between semi-cricular disc and horizontal surface is i. This disc is to be pulled by a horizontal force applied at one edge and it always remains horizontal. When the disc is about to start moving, its top horizontal force will____________________?
- A weir is used to measure the large water discharge rate from a river or from an open channel. A weir is not of _______________ shape?
- In a Sutro weir, the discharge is proportional to________________?
- In laminar flow through a round tube, the discharge varies ______________________?
- Liquid delivery by centrifugal pump starts, only when the head developed by it is equal to the ____________ head?
- The discharge over a broad crested weir is maximum when the depth of flow is_______________?
- The discharge through a rectangular weir varies as ___________________?
- The discharge through a V-notch weir varies as___________________?
- The distance between the top of the slots and the liquid surface when the static liquid is just ready to flow over the overflow weir is called____________________?
- When the weight of weir balances the up lift pressure caused by the head of the water seeping below the weir bed is called ___________________?