An asset is purchased for P 9,000.00. Its estimated economic life is 10 years after which it will be sold for P 1,000.00. Find the depreciation in the first three years using sum-of-years digit method____________________?
- ‘P’ is the investment made on an equipment, ‘S’ is its salvage value and ‘n is the life of the equipment in years. The depreciation for Rath year by the sum-of year‟s digit method will be____________________?
- A machine costs of P 8,000 and an estimated life of 10 years with a salvage value of P 500. What is its book value after 8 years using straight line method ?
- A machine is purchased for Rs. 10,000,00/- and has an estimated life of 10 years. The salvage value at the end of 10 years is Rs. 1,50,000/-. The book value of the machine at the end of 5 years using general straight line method of evaluation of depreciation is__________________?
- A reactor having a salvage value of Rs. 10000 is estimated to have a service life of 10 years. The annual interest rate is 10%. The original cost of the reactor was Rs. 80000. The book value of the reactor after 5 years using sinking fund depreciation method will be Rs _____________?
- A second hand car is purchased for 2,00,000 and sold at 1,40,000 after two years. If depreciation is charged @ 10% on SLM method, find the profit or loss on sale of the car?
- A second hand car is purchased for 2,00,000 and sold at 1,40,000 after two years. If depreciation is charged @ 10% on written down value method, find the profit or loss on sale of the Second hand car?
- ABC Corporation makes it a policy that for any new equipment purchased, the annual depreciation cost should not exceed 20% of the first cost at any time with no salvage value. Determine the length of service life necessary if the depreciation used is the SYD method ?
- An excavator costs Rs. 20,00,000/- and has an estimated life of 8 years. It has no salvage value at the end of 8 years. The book value of the excavator at the end of 3 years using general double declining balance method is__________________?
- The original cost of an equipment is Rs.10,000/-. Its salvage value at the end of its total useful life of five years is Rs. 1,000/-. Its book value at the end of two years of its useful life (as per straight line method of evaluation of depreciation) will be________________?
- Which of the following factors are primarily considered to determine the economic life of an asset?